How Do I Promote Things in My App?
Creating promotions in your app is quick and easy. The first stop in your product feature-making journey is the “Merchandising” section of the Drync Retailer Portal (www.drync.com/portal).
In the Merchandising section of the Portal, you can choose to feature single items or collection of products.
Adding an item is used to feature one product. Examples include "wine of the month," "beer of the week," or another special product that is currently being featured.
Adding a list is for creating a collection around a central theme that showcases multiple products. For example, "Discover Piedmont," "New Years Eve Bubblies," or "Staff Picks," and so on.
On the Merchandising page you can view all your past and current features, arrange how they appear in the app, see which storefronts feature them and view the campaign duration.
A few things to note :
- The Order of the List - The order of your enabled lists is how they will appear in the app. To rearrange the lists you can simply drag and drop the lists to how you would like them ordered.
- The Campaign Duration - The campaign duration sets the parameters of how long you want the collection to run. If you set it to end on a certain date, it will automatically stop showing in the app.
- The Enabled/Disabled Status - An enabled list means that the list is live, and currently visible in your app. A disabled list is not live, but can be saved for future use.
Fields for Creating a Featured List
- Choose a List Name and creating a list around a unified theme.
- Add a list description, or “blurb.” This describes the collection and what makes it unique. Maximum word count is 220 characters.
- Upload an image that represents the list's theme. It does not have to be exact - the system will crop and scale it to 640x300 pixels for you. We also have several stock images that are already sized to the right dimensions available to you here.
- Set the campaign duration. You can automatically set it to end on a specific day. Set it and forget it!
- Select stores, or stores that will include the featured list on the front page of their app store. Stores with multiple locations can attribute featured items or lists to just one store, select stores, or across all platforms.
- Choose an author for the list. The author’s name & photo will show up next to the collection. An author can be an individual, or a store entity (eg. Staff Picks). If you like to add an author, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose the Storefront Display style Before enabling your collection, decide how it will look in the app - by choosing either a "rich" or "basic" collection. A rich collection is more prominent in the app, and should be used for the collection to which you want to draw the most attention. If you have multiple collections, we encourage a mix of rich and basic.
8. Click "Update Featured List," and your changes will be saved.
Now, you are ready to add products!
Adding Products to a Featured List
To add items, click on the add item button, and then search for the products by name. You can search for products by grape, or a specific bottle of wine.
For example, a search for Chardonnay brings up any product in your inventory that has Chardonnay in the name.
We recommend adding a maximum of 20 products to a given list, otherwise they might get lost in the shuffle.
To add your product, click on "Add To List," and you are prompted to write a blurb about that specific product. The blurb is meant to describe the tasting notes of the product, or information about the producer. The blurb has a text limit of 220.
Continue adding your products until your list is built. Update the list, and voila! You have created a collection.
Tips for Adding One Item
Adding an item is used when you want to highlight one specific product. The process is basically the same as creating a list, but with less steps. When you click on "Add Item" you will be brought to the search page.
Using Chardonnay again as an example, here are the results for "Chateau Montelena Chardonnay."
Next click on "Feature It," and the portal will walk you through a similar process as the featured list to edit the details for your product:
- Name the item
- Campaign Duration
- Campaign Status
- Create Featured Item
- If you cannot find a product try typing variations of the name
- If a product does not have an image associated with it message Jason at Drync
- A featured list can still be enabled, but not active if the date has expired