Promotional offers, or PromoCodes, are a great way to help market your app, your store, and the bottles you have for sale. Here is a guide on how you can use them, as well as how to customize the promotion in the best way for your discount.
Introduction to PromoCodes
All promotions have a code that the app user can type in to get their discount on their wines. They should be relatively short, ideally less than ten characters, and should be relevant to the promotion offered.
Examples include: Gold10, mix6, BUBBLES20, SpanishRed, ShipFREE
If you only have one location then it is simple; this discount will be applied at that store. However, if you are a chain and have stores in multiple locations, promo codes allow you to choose whether or not to limit a promotion to one, several, or all of your organization’s locations.
Types of Discounts
There are two different discounts you can use:
- Percentage Discount -- This allows a customer to take a fractional amount off of the overall order.
- Dollar Discount -- This takes a fixed amount of money off of the order after all the bottles are added to the cart.
You can choose if you want this discount to be applied to the Net Amount, the Gross Amount, or to the Shipping Cost.
Making a Promo
You can choose any period of time you would like this promotion to run for by providing a Start Time and an End Time.
Price Range (Optional)
Both a Minimum and Maximum price can be provided. For example, certain promotions may only be applied on purchases of $200 or greater.
Bottle Count (Optional)
Like Price Range, a Minimum and Maximum number of bottles may be given (This may also be an exact number of bottles). For example the Promo works only for up to 6 bottles, or a minimum of 3 bottles need to be purchased.
Customizing Your Promotion
There are several ways that we can concentrate a promotion to make it more specific:
- Type of Alcohol
- The first focus is limiting a promotion to a specific style type of alcohol, such as a discount on only Beers, Wines, or Spirits.
- You can mix up promotions by selecting specific countries, states, regions or appellations to discount.
- Alchohol Style
- From discounting Sparkling or Rosés, select Tequilas, or American IPA’s, it is easy to select a specific style of alcohol for a promotion.
- Price Range
- You can also select a range of prices for the bottles you want for a discount. You can list a maximum bottle price, minimum bottle price, or both to further limit what is available for this promotion.